With the summer holidays in full swing, we thought we would give you 15 Boredom Busters to try over the next few weeks.
- Create your own music quiz. Each family member could create around such as Guess the Artist, Name the songs from their intros, or Name the Programme from the theme music.
- Have a theme day dressing up as a musical hero.
- Learn a new piece of music/song.
- Craft your own musical instrument from everyday items or cardboard, be creative.
- Take photos of your child performing and get them to make a collage.
- Create a band name and design a poster.
- Movie night – talk about the composers and note how the music makes you feel throughout the movie.
- Make a model guitar out of Lego.
- Listen to a totally different genre of music than you are used to.
- Create and personalise a songwriting journal
- Write a letter to your favourite musician.
- Do some mindfulness colouring while listening to music.
- Put on a show song from a musical.
- Watch a documentary to learn about your favourite band or musician.
- Learn about all the famous music venues and where they are around the world.
If you have enjoyed this and would like to let us know what you’ve tried, with perhaps a pic then please send this to us and we will feature it in our next newsletter and on socials too.
If you would like to start music lessons for you or your child in September then please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org