What Guitar to buy?
At the Music Gym we get lots of requests from the parents of the children being taught and the musicians we teach too about what is the best buy for the instrument they are learning, from the best microphone and PA, drums, keyboards, and guitars.
We asked our company director who has been in the music industry for over 30 years and has written and produced theme tunes for TV and adverts. He has held Senior Manager positions in Sony, Yamaha Sennheiser & currently Signed to Sony as an artist for music library.
These are his best buy Starter Guitar :
Yamaha Pacifica 012 – Full Size Electric Guitar with Tremolo Arm and 6 Steel Strings – Black
- The 012 is the best starter electric guitar in our opinion – if you are a beginner you do need to buy a small amp, a jack to jack lead , a stand, a tuner and pics etc to get going.
- The multi-award winning Pacifica Series delivers sublime sound comparable to the quality of a professional guitar / All you need for lessons, jamming or playing in a band – for those about to rock!
- Featuring Yamaha quality hardware: comfort-contoured body, vintage-style vibratos and craftsmanship of select tonewoods for an inspiring sound that encourages quick progress for beginning guitarists
- A 6-string electric guitar with accurate fret positioning for perfectly tuned sounds as you play further down the neck / Constant, stable and reliable tuning ideal for regular practice
- Versatile pick-up combination: two single coils and powerful bridge humbucker unlocks a world of sounds: rock, funk, blues, country and jazz / Quality tuning gears keeps you staying in tune for longer
- Items delivered: 1x Yamaha Pacifica Full Size Electric Guitar with Black lacquer finish / Tremolo Arm / Warranty and guitar info literature
- All-in-one complete beginner pack
- Guitar, amp and accessories all included and scale length is 648mm (25.5 inch)
- Classic double-cutaway design, 5-way pickup selector and tremelo
- High quality black gloss finish
- Quality tonewoods and superior craftmanship
- Humbucker, single coil, humber 3-pickup configuration
- Tone and sound range that belies its pricepoint
- Encore E6 Blaster guitar outfit
- Comes with Amp and all the bits : check link for details
- BB10 amplifier with EQ and overdrive
- Cheaper alternative to Yamaha
These are personal recommendations – please do your research 🙂