We are open for 41 weeks of the year for our lessons.
We operate a payment plan that spreads the cost of tuition across the year in 12 equal payments – it is pro rata so you pay the same amount monthly regardless of how many lessons there are in any particular month.
We offer lessons after school:
Mon – Friday – 2pm – 9 pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm.
Music Gym Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.
Something Guitar Ltd T/a Music Gym
Music Gym is the trading name of Something Guitar Ltd and as such provides music tuition from freelance music teachers. Music Gym collects payment and distributes payment to teachers as a proportion of fees paid minus costs for the building, marketing activities, instruments used in lessons, administration, management etc. We reserve the right to amend/ update our Terms & Conditions at any time.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus
By agreeing to take part in activities held at or in the facilities and/or delivered by us and others, you acknowledge the contagious nature of coronavirus and voluntarily assume the risk that you, your child(ren) and/or any minor for whom you have responsibility may be exposed to or infected by the virus by attending our activities, whether at our facilities or any other place where our activities are delivered.
In assuming this risk you agree not to hold us responsible or accountable for any exposure to, or infection by the virus or for any of the consequences of infection for you, your child(ren) and/or any minor for whom you have responsibility.
Please do not turn up for the lesson if the pupil is exhibiting any signs of being unwell or if you have been in touch with anyone that has been unwell. We are using the internal stairs for entry/exit to Music Gym.
Please drop off pupils no more than 5 mins before lesson time and wait outside the centre at the bottom of the stairs for Music Gym staff to collect pupils – there is no waiting area and parents/guardians are not allowed inside.
Please wait inside the centre by the bottom of the internal stairs to pick up pupils at end of the lesson and please note Music Gym is not responsible for the pupils once they have left the teaching room.
Please can you make sure that:
Guitarists – bring your own guitar and pick
Vocalists – bring your own mic, we have bought see-through screens to go in front of singing pupils.
Drummers – bring your own sticks
Keyboards – use our keyboard (we will be cleaning keyboards between lessons)
Everyone is to bring their own pen/pencil, notebook, and course books. Also, your own water bottle as we cannot provide any water from the Centre.
We record any Zoom Lessons for Safeguarding and check Lesson Quality. We will keep these recordings for 3 months
Data Protection and Publicity
Music Gym will not share your personal details with anyone.
Music Gym does a lot of promotional activity and we use images from classes, live performances and events.
We take pictures and video performances for promotional activities including, but not limited to Social Media( Insta, Facebook, Twitter etc.) and traditional marketing ( magazines, newspapers, leaflets, posters etc.). By taking lessons at Music Gym you agree to any use of images and /or audio for Music Gym promotional activity.
We also record any Zoom Lessons for Safeguarding and check Lesson Quality. We will keep these recordings for 3 months.
You are paying for a space in the lesson at a specific time and day, we do not offer a catch-up lesson or alternative lesson or refund on lessons missed.
Fees & Payment for all lessons
Your initial payment is a non refundable £15 registration fee, plus the cost of a Yamaha music book (if applicable )and one month pro rata payment.A direct debit will be set up to collect payments.
Please note that the lessons are pro rata’d so payment is still to continue during any holiday period.
Please note a £15 late or missed payment charge will apply for each missed direct debit payment. It is company policy to take legal action to retrieve fees in arrears. Any wilful evasion of payment will be subject to legal proceedings and may incur legal fees.
Payments for lessons are based on forty-one (41) weeks of tuition spread over 12 months. This includes 2 weeks off over Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter, 4 weeks in Summer and all half terms during the year.
Failure to pay will automatically cancel any further tuition at the Music Gym. Whilst we endeavour to keep our fees as low as possible we reserve the right to review our fees at any time and in the case of such an increase, we will give 4 weeks’ written notice.
We reserve the right to change lesson times and/or merge classes at any time. We reserve the right to offer short-term options for lessons no longer available. We reserve the right to cancel lesson types at any time. In the event that we need to change or cancel ongoing lessons and the new option is not suitable Music Gym will refund any outstanding lessons that have been paid for. Should you wish to cancel lessons just give us 4 weeks written notice via email and the Admin team will contact you with your last lesson date.
Conduct during Lessons
Food and drink are not allowed in any of our music rooms, please ensure that you (or your child) are fully hydrated before class. The only exception to this is for those students having a vocal lesson in which a bottle of water is acceptable.
We expect good behaviour in the classes. Music Gym receives the right to ask pupils to leave the class if displaying unruly/unacceptable behaviour.
Practice & Exams
Pupils will have to practice or they will not progress. Playing a Musical Instrument is a long-term commitment and there are no quick fixes. Music Gym will provide Tuition but progress is all down to the pupil. Music Gym holds Exams three times a year. We will notify you of pupils selected for the Exam via email. Music Gym does not guarantee any Exam results – results are all down to how the pupil performs on the day.
Force majeure: On rare occasions, we may need to cancel exams due to force majeure – On these occasions, we will reschedule exams with the examination board. If we are unable to reschedule the exam, or you are unable to attend the rescheduled exam, the exam fee will be forfeit.
Online Music Gym Lessons & Zoom meetings
Video lessons are for Personal use only not to be passed on or shared.
Lessons will be delivered via a link to a playback site. For Graded classes: videos are personalized graded tuition videos ( that are in line with where we want to be on the curriculum) designed to be paused rewound and used again and again.
For students under the age of 18, a parent/guardian should be present.
All Lesson Alterations and Cancellations
We aim to ensure that lessons are as consistent as possible; however, there will be times where alterations are necessary:
• Teacher’s absence: In the event of a teacher being absent, we will organize for an alternative, teacher to cover. This may occasionally happen with little or no notice. If it is not possible to get cover, the teacher will endeavour to make the lesson up before the end of the term. This often takes place during half-term.
• On rare occasions we may need to cancel a lesson. If we are unable to reschedule a lesson, or you are unable to attend the rescheduled lesson during holiday time, the lesson fee will be credited.
• We will always notify you of a cancelled lesson via phone, email or text message, which will be sent to a designated parent/guardian with the contact details that have been given to us.
Lessons Cancellation / Notice Period
You need to give 4 weeks cancellation in writing to be sent via email to email@example.com should you wish to end lessons at Music Gym. The Admin team will contact you with your last lesson date.
You are paying for lessons as part on an on-going course. If you miss a lesson you have missed that lesson and the pupil will be sent homework to catch up electronically.
Terms & Conditions for FREE Taster Lesson
You must be able to attend the Music Gym Yamaha Music Point at the Meriden Centre Garsmouth Way, Watford WD25 9ET at the time and day specified by Music Gym. Places are limited and booked through our external booking system. Please note this will be a 20-minute FREE lesson in a group situation with a CRB/DBS checked tutor.
1. This offer has been organised by Music Gym, Meriden Centre Garsmouth Way, Watford WD25 9ET
2. Music Gym reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on www.musicgym.co.uk
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the offer, the decision of Music Gym shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and be legal Parents/Guardians of applications for Under 16’s. We offer a Free Taster Session for Ages 7 and up [depending on instrument]
5. Music Gym reserves the right to disqualify any application if it has reasonable doubt to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
6. Only one Lesson per person is allowed.
7. Music Gym is not responsible if you can not make the time and date they are available to give a free taster lesson
8. The offer of a free Taster music lesson is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
9. You must be able to attend the Music Gym Yamaha Music Point at Meriden Centre Garsmouth Way, Watford WD25 9ET at the time and day specified by Music Gym. This offer is for ONE 20-minute Music Taster Lesson for Beginners and will take place in a group environment.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. The personal information supplied is for the purpose of the offer, Music Gym will not share your personal details with anyone.
2. Applicants may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Music Gym reserves the right to use the names of entrants, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity. Applicants will be entitled to remain anonymous if they wish.
3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.
4. You can contact us in relation to these free lessons by writing to Music Gym Meriden Centre Garsmouth Way Watford WD25 9ET